Sunday, November 20, 2011

50 in 50 update

Here's an update on the 50 in 50 list.  So far, no fast food since the week of November 6th.  In fact, I'm learning to cook a few easy staples.  I did a 3 day Reduce Stress diet last weekend and I really felt great after it so it inspired me to keep going.  Bought a Clean Eating mag and am going to pick up the ingredients for a couple of new dishes this week.  Of course, it's Thanksgiving on Thursday, so I'll be enjoying a bit of holiday eating with mom and our mutual beasts (one dog, one cat -- no harmony in that duo!)

So I spent some time working on some more of my list.  Here are my new additions:

11.  Learn conversational spanish.
12.  Create a gift box with ready to go presents for friends and family.
13.  Reorganize my storage closet.
14.  Begin using coupons for shopping trips.
15.  Learn to stock a pantry.
16.  Learn how to cook several basic foods:  hummus, roast chicken, chicken noodle soup.
17.  Find a dentist and schedule 2 cleanings.
18.  Send my nephews a monthly care package.
19.  Learn to knit a basic scarf.
20.  Learn to make icing flowers.
21.  Create a computerized address book.
22.  Update my will.
23.  Get a mammogram.
24.  Learn to juggle.
25.  Get a catalog of birthday and anniversary cards ready for next year.

I already have the shoeboxes on my counter to make next week's boxes for my nephews.  And I cut out a bunch of coupons and used them on my last two shopping trips.  Yea me!!

Only 25 more things to come up with.